One Day Academy HOUSTON-WEST REGION
Katy Summer Campus
This campus opens at 8:30 am and closes at 4:30 pm.
Students are not permitted to walk off this campus.
Electronics / Supervisor Room Policy 2018-2019
One Day Academy exists to:
• Strengthen parents in training, mentoring, and discipling their own children.
• Promote a safe environment where learning is encouraged and Godly character is admired.
• Equip students for college-level academics and expectations.
• Model Christ’s example to young people through our teachers, administrators, and church staff.
• Offer friendship, guidance, and support through communities of like-minded individuals
To further our mission to promote a safe environment where learning is encouraged and Godly character is admired, the following policies are in place for our 2018-2019 school year:
• Students may have cell phones for communication with parents.
• Students MAY NOT have cell phones out during class unless a medical emergency exists or has been cleared with faculty previously.
• Students MAY NOT share screens OR headphones with other students - ever .
• Students MAY NOT bring gaming devices, this includes DS, Nintendo Switch, etc..
• Students MAY bring tablets if they are doing school work during off periods or are sitting with their parents.
To offer friendship, guidance, and support through communities of like-minded individuals and to respect the church letting us use the property, the following policies are in place for our 2018-2019 school year:
• Students may play games, cards, etc. during their break periods in the supervised room.
• Students may use the time to work on school subjects or visit with friends.
• Students MAY NOT walk around the campus or be in the hallway prior to class starting, unless using the restroom.
• Students MAY NOT run around or yell in the supervised room or hallways, as classes are ongoing and church staff is working.
Any policy breaking will result in write-ups that follow our discipline procedures laid out on our website. Parents have differing opinions on what their students can view and not view online, so we will place the responsibility on the STUDENTS to follow the rules and not share screens.